PSCMRCET has a highly-specialized Computer Science Department that exposes students to a broad range of subjects involving advanced computer engineering and its application in industry. The curriculum relies heavily on industry-academia interaction and responds to the current needs and trends in the global software industry..
- The Department of Computer Science Engineering is established in 2008.
- Offering B.Tech program with a student intake of 120.
- The total number of faculty is 23.
- Total number of students in CSE is 552.
- Campus Recruitment by ORACLE and other reputed companies
- Well Equipped Computer Labs with Latest Technologies.
- MOU With IIT-Bombay for Spoken Tutorial: To Impart Training on Open Source Technologies for all Engineering Stream.
- Department Encourages Entrepreneur Skill Development among students in Collaboration with ESDA-New Delhi.
- Internships with Internshala.com
- Association with International Professional Bodies: IEEE, CSI, CII, ACM, ISTE, IETE, IAENG, IASA & IEI.
- Soft Skills & CRT(Campus Recruitment Training) Programs from IInd Year B.Tech Onwards.
- Training Students & Faculty on Latest Technologies by Workshops & Seminars from Industry People and IIT Faculty.
- Industrial Visits to students to introduce forthcoming Technologies.
- Strong ALUMNI Network of PAW[PSCMRCET- Alumni Wing].
- STARTUPS through E-Cell of PSCMRCET.
Objectives,Out comes and Specific Outcomes:
PEO1: To acquire the essential knowledge of basic sciences and fundamentals in engineering and analyze technical solutions to computational problems by developing the algorithms.
PEO2: To apply knowledge in the identification, design, development, production, configuration and maintenance of computing systems for real life problems.
PEO3: To develop managerial skills, meeting societal needs, leadership, entrepreneurial skills, sustainable competitive edge in R&D and adhering professional and ethical skills.
A student will be able to
PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science & Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to CSE.
PO2: Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems related to CSE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to CSE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to computer science related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The Engineer and Society: Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the CSE professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the CSE professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply Ethical Principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary Settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as able to comprehend and with write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning the broadest context of technological change.
PSO1 Practices of mathematical ideas : By using mathematical techniques to solve problems using appropriate mathematical study, data structure and algorithms.
PSO2 Practices Of Computing : The students obtain the knowledge of hardware and software by the capability of attaining essential concepts from computing systems.
PSO3 Practices of Software Development : By possessing the computing skills and knowledge of software development life cycle, the students gain the practical capability and platform independent skills.