About the Department
Civil engineering is arguably the oldest engineering discipline. It deals with the built environment and can be dated to the first time someone placed a roof over his or her head or laid a tree trunk across a river to make it easier to get across. The built environment encompasses much of what defines modern civilization. Buildings and bridges are often the first constructions that come to mind, as they are the most conspicuous creations of structural engineering, one of civil engineering’s major sub-disciplines. Roads, railroads, subway systems, and airports are designed by transportation engineers, another category of civil engineering. And then there are the less visible creations of civil engineers.
- The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2013.
- Offering B.Tech program with an intake of 60.
- The Diploma in Civil Enginering was established in the year 2014.
- Offering DCE program with an intake of 60.
The objective of the department is “To develop efficient Civil Engineers with academic excellence, leadership qualities, research methodologies, professional ethics and morals, and high integrity to serve the interests of the society and nation”.
Highlights of the Department:
- Well Equipped Civil Engineering Labs with Latest Technologies.
- Association with International Professional Bodies: IGS, IEEE, ISTE, IAENG.
- Focusing on Soft Skills & CRT(Campus Recruitment Training) from IInd Year B.Tech Onwards.
- Training Students & Faculty on Latest Technologies by Workshops & Seminars from Industry People and Faculty from IIT.
- Organizing Industrial Visits to familiarize students with realtime engineering.
- Strong Alumni Connections with the help of ACES (Association of Civil Engineering Students) & PAW[PSCMRCET- Alumni Wing].
- Encouraging STARTUPS through E-Cell of PSCMRCET.
- Department Encourages Entrepreneur Skill Development among students in Collaboration with APSSDC